Title: The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window
Author: Kirsty Moseley
Publication Date: April 30th 2012
Rating: (3.5 stars)
Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.
Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.
Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.
The Title. Well, the author really succeeded in capturing an audience from the title alone. :D Who wouldn't be curious when a person stumbled upon a book entitled like this? Plus the cover looks promising. I assure you, at the end of this book, you would surely be envious of Amber for being surrounded by hot and awesome guys.
- Amber Walker. Well, she's my least favorite character. Yeah, she's hot and everything but sometimes I find her so pathetic. I know she has an issue but I can't find enough sympathy for her. Sorry. She's annoying sometimes especially when she's flirting with Liam at their school. She's kind of slutty sometimes. And I don't like the idea of that bet.
- Liam James. Well, aside from being H-O-T, he's so close to perfection. He's in love with Amber like forever and a great hockey player who may go pro. He's very understanding and very protective of Amber. And I can't help but swoon over him. He's just too good to be true.
- Jake Walker. Another H-O-T-T-I-E. He's Liam's best friend and Amber's brother. He's been Amber's rock until Liam comes along. I love how he takes care and looks after Amber. I know he has a steady girlfriend already which is a first, but I want him with Kate. I hope the author reads this, because I would surely read their story. :D
I love a young adult romance novel with hot and good guys but sometimes a reader also wants a book that is believable or a book which has a very realistic plot. I can't help but role my eyes at some scenarios here.
- Like the fact that, Liam started sneaking into Amber's room when he was ten years old and had slept there since then. Can you imagine a parent not checking on his/her child? It's seems unbelievable that at the course of 8 years, he wasn't found out not even once! That's freaking ridiculous.
- Amber and Jake's mother have gotten a job that requires her to travel so she always leaves her two children at home. If you a good parent, would you allow your children to be left at home without any supervision? Surely, you trust them, but that's just too much trust. Don't you think? It might be more agreeable if she let them live with Pat and Rick or something. I just amazed that at the course of how any years, she hadn't found out about any of the parties Jake organizes in their house.
- I can't believe how Liam managed to control his sexual frustration towards Amber considering that they always slept together.
- And damn, how can Amber be so ignorant or innocent not to realize that Liam's boner was his hormonal reaction towards her? Can't she tell if someone was aroused because of her presence or something?
As the book nears its ending, I keep on waiting for something big to happen between Liam and Amber. Yeah, there was the issue of pregnancy and her father's return, but it seems somewhat lacking. I expected for a big revelation, or some major confrontation, or twist but it didn't happen. The conflict is between Amber and herself. Because of what happened years ago, she had a hard time trusting others and letting others touch him. But over all I guess, she overcame her issues in the end. And of course, among Jake, Amber, Liam and their bastard of a father.
Well, I like the ending. So Amber is graduating from college with a major in Dance Choreography. She's still with Liam, who is now a famous professional hockey player. I just love the dance studio he gave her. I've been dreaming of having a dance studio of my own. Amber is helluva one lucky girl indeed.
Labels: Book Review, Kirsty Moseley