Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Novel vs. Movie

Source: Wikipedia

Well, I surely needed a re-watch of this film this weekend, with Alan Rickman dying and all. I am a tad bit surprised that some of the scenes I imagined in my head were actually not included in this film. (Imagine that!) It had been a long time since I last saw this movie.

Honestly speaking, this is one those films which didn’t divert or change much of the plot from the book. There were just some instances where in some of the scenes were not included or some scenes that had minor alterations.

THE BOOK VERSUS THE MOVIE

There may be a lot of other scenes that I have overlooked, but yeah, those above are the most noticeable.

I like the fact that most of the dialogues in the movie were still based on the book. I understood why some scenes were not included because 2 hours and 30 minutes wouldn’t accommodate all that has happened in the book.

Overall, I loved the movie but it if you haven’t read the book, then you must read it to understand the story further.

Labels: , , ,