Go With Me by Elyssa Patrick - Book Review


I, Daphne Fox, have a few things to confess:

1. I hate Nick Brady. Loathe. Abhor. Can’t stand him 95% of the time.
2. That other 5%? I’m not talking about that at all.
3. People think I’m lucky for surviving the car crash. I disagree.
4. Nick is the only guy who makes my nightmares go away.
5. I won’t love him, though. Love is not worth the pain.

I, Nick Brady, have a few confessions of my own:

1. I don’t hate Daphne Fox. At all.
2. I find her scar sexy. Just like the rest of her.
3. I may be her older brother’s best friend, but that’s not going to stop me.
4. I love her.
5. And I’m going to do everything I can to have her.

Go With Me is a companion novel of Stay With Me. It follows the story of Daphne and Nick. FYI, Daphne is the sister of Caleb while Nick is his best friend. 

Daphne Ariadne Fox was once a cheerful and lively teenage girl who seems so lucky to have it all – a wonderful family, sweet and loving boyfriend, and of course her best friend. She has a lot of dreams and one of those is to become a theater actress. She even scored a full scholarship ride to Juilliard. But all of those change when a drunk driver crushed his speeding car towards her car while they went out to celebrate. Her boyfriend, her best friend and her best friend’s boyfriend, died instantly. Luckily, she survived that night and woke up to tell the tale. Since that night, nightmares meet her at night. She still feels guilty. She still questions God why she survived while the others did not? It would have been easier if they all died that unfaithful night. Every emotion she felt about that accident were bottled up inside. She chose not to share. She chose to let the memories torment her alone. She had already caused much damage. Every time she faces a mirror, she sees the remembrance of what happened that night. She dropped her scholarship to Juilliard and chose to go to the university his brother attends. She has scars over her body that will constantly remind her of that accident. She knows appearance is important in acting and in that decision, she realized she had a chance to pursue her real passion, writing. 

Nick Brady may be a player but once he finds the woman he can see a future with, he won’t stop until he gets her. And the her, in his case, is his best friend’s little sister, Daphne. Big effin problem. Daphne thinks he hates her and she’s not that convince about his real intentions. How will he explain the years of pestering her? Of annoying her just too get her attention? It’s kind of pathetic actually, if you come to think of it. He had been in love with her for a long time, he’s afraid she might not return his feelings. Will it be enough if he admits that he loves her? 

Daphne always hated Nick. He had given her enough reasons for her to hate him? It’s stranger now that he told her his intentions. As Nick puts effort into convincing her to give them a chance, she starts to see him in a new light. She starts to accept that she may also be as in love with him as he is to her. The problem is, she’s afraid – of her brother’s reaction, of losing a part of herself, of losing someone she loves. Is their love for each other enough to surpass their bigger problems? 

I really had a good time reading this book. I love Daphne’s wits. I love her sense of humor, and her swearing tongue. She amuses me. I love her banters with Caleb’s friends. Even though she projects herself as a strong woman, I know she loves it when Nick becomes overprotective of her. I like her direct to the point personality. She obviously doesn’t sugar coat things. 

I love Caleb’s gang. I love their union. Their tight and always look after each other. It’s like, if you mess with a member, you mess with the entire group. Jamie is adorable. Despite his self-confidence, he also has his insecurities. I also liked that Hailey and Caleb are still included in the book. It brings out the sense of familiarity. I cannot wait to hear Jamie and Zelda’s story. I’m guessing it would be as awesome as think book seeing that Jamie has one of the foulest mouths. Keep it up Elyssa!


Elyssa Patrick

Elyssa Patrick is a former high school English teacher who left the classroom to write contemporary romances and New Adult. She is currently hard at work on her next novel.

Goodreads | Website | Twitter

Labels: , , ,