The Book Den: Jobelle's Collection

Happy Tuesday fellow bookworms! I got to interview a book lover (Jobelle Reyes) whom I guess has a wide array of books in her bookshelf. I quite envy her especially when I get to see her posts about her collections online. She's also a seller. She's a Colleen Hoover fan like me. She's also a fan of Rick Riordan.(hmm. Who's not a fan of this author?) I really envy her The Lord of the Rings and Da Vinci Code because she has a copy of the Collector's edition!

If you're library is on fire, which among your books will you save first?
All of it? with all adrenaline i have, i think I can do it. 
What genres do you read? 
Mostly Young Adult (paranormal, fantasy dystopia, thriller), some New Adult
Do you read dystopian novels? Which among the dystopian books do you like most? Why? 
I love dystopian novel. I love Legend Series, the chemistry between Day and June, the action and the ending is not perfect but not disappointing either. I already accept that there is no happy ending in this kind of genre.
Who among the authors do you look up to? Why? 
Rick Riordan - I'm really looking forward to every book he releases. I need to have that ASAP.
Do you get attracted in buying books with pretty covers? If yes, what was the latest book you bought based on its cover? Why? 
YES - LOTR and The hobbit illustrated edition. Love the box, paper, illustrations, dust jacket, inside cover, spine. Worth every penny
Who among the authors dominates your bookshelf? 
Hmmmm... Cate Tiernan - I have the whole sweep series, 15 books, and her Immortal beloved series, 3 books. I haven't read any of her books though. 
What's your opinion with the new adult genres dominating the best sellers in Amazon? 
New Adult books are expensive! Hahaha. It's time for them to shine, but few are only worth reading, more of them becomes generic, same plot.
If you're going to recommend a book to me, which book will you recommend? Why? 
For YA fantasy - Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. For YA paranormal Covenant Series, Lux Series, YA dystopia - Maze Runner or Legend Series. New Adult - Easy , White Hot Kiss or any Coleen Hoover.
You're stranded in an island, which book would you wish you brought? 
I guess the smart answer to this one is a survival guide book.
What's your reading speed? How many books do you read per week? Do you have a quota? 
I'm a very moody person, sometimes I can finish 3 books per week to 1 book per month.
Some people don't understand how bookworms become so immersed in reading that they tend to spend more money on books, rather than on clothes? How will you explain that to them? 
We have are different interest in life, Books are my happiness, stress reliever and my proud collection.
Aside from reading what else do you love to do?
I love to watch movies and tv series. I love to experiment in cooking.
Are you in a relationship? Is he also into reading? 
Yes and no. He'd rather watch movies and series.
Who's your favorite book character? Why? 
Oberon from Iron Druid Chronicles. I love dogs!
What's your favorite quote from a book? 
A painting is more than the sum of the parts,” he would tell me, and then go on to explain how the cow itself is just a cow, and the meadow by itself is just grass and flowers, and the sun peeking through the trees is just a beam of light, but put them all together and you’ve got magic. - Flipped
What's the best book you've read? Why?
Harry Potter - pure magical and great imagination, it's like rowling is a student herself in Hogwarts.

 
Oh men, I've been dying to have this for my collection.!

 photo milka_zpsc707b597.jpg

Labels: