Book Review: The Vincent Brothers


Title: The Vincent Brothers
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: The Vincent Boys
Book: 2
Publication Date: December 18th, 2012
Publisher:Simon Pulse
ISBN: 1442486651
ISBN13: 9781442486652
Rating: 

Getting a boy to fall head-over-heels in love with you isn’t easy. Especially when he’s been in love with your cousin for as long as you can remember.

Lana has lived her life in her cousin’s shadow. Ashton always made perfect grades, had tons of friends, and looks model-perfect. And she’s always had Sawyer Vincent—the only boy Lana’s ever wanted—wrapped around her finger. But now things are different. Lana has a chance to make Sawyer see her, and she’s taking it. If only he’d get over Ashton—because Lana is sick of second-best.

Sawyer’s heart is broken. He’s lost his best girl to his best friend. And then Lana comes to town. Ashton’s cousin has always been sweet and soft-spoken, but now she’s drop-dead gorgeous as well. Sawyer doesn’t know if Lana can heal his broken heart, but spending time with her might at least make Ashton jealous.

What starts as a carefree fling becomes a lusty game of seduction. Sawyer and Lana may have different motives, but their scintillating hookups are the same kind of steamy. . . .

I absolutely love this book. It's been weeks since I finished reading it and every once in a while I read parts of the book. I can't stop smiling and swooning over Sawyer. I want to read it over and over again especially the last few chapters and whenever I miss Sawyer, I do this. I just love the epilogue. The story was told in two alternating point of views: Lena's and Sawyer's. I really like it when a book is told in two different views.


Sawyer Vincent. The tamed jock turned hot and wild jock. To those who found Sawyer lacking in the hotness department in Vincent Boys, you absolutely have to read this book. I love the transformation. If he was a little reserved during his relationship with Ashton, in this book, Lana brought out that jealous and wild, hot jock in him. This only shows that it only takes the right woman for him to show this side of him. He's really meant for Lana. Though I got annoyed with him when he acted like a jerk towards Lana, he redeemed himself in the end. He can be really sweet and caring. I loved it when he finally realized that he's in love with Lana only to find out she's already gone.

Lana McDaniel. Getting a boy to fall head-over-heels in love with you isn't easy. Especially when he's been in love with your cousin for as long as you can remember. She's Ashton's cousin and has been in love with Sawyer like forever. So when she found out that they were no longer together, she overhauled her wardrobe and she even enrolled to the university where he got accepted on a full scholarship. Then she flew to Grove to get her mission accomplished, make Sawyer notice her. I like her because she didn't give up on Sawyer even though he's been a major jerk. I like how she stood up for herself in the end. She didn't only get Sawyer but she also realize her worth. The two characters completely transformed in the end.

One of my favorite parts here was when Sawyer went to the condo and read the letter she wrote to Ashton. This letter by the way was what made Sawyer realize that he's in love with Lana.

You had the right Vincent boy all along. Don't take him for granted this time. He loves you in a way that I hope to one day inspire in someone. He would give up the world for you. When you have someone that special, that incredible that loves you, don't let it go. This is your second chance to treasure what you've had all your life. Sawyer was always the Vincent boy worth fighting for. He's the special one.

I love how he gave his piece for every paragraph Lana had written in the letter. It's so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. Lana is also lucky to have him.

I love you, Lana. I love you so much. Every thing about you. The way your lips curl up slowly when you smile, the freckle right under your perfect little bot tom, the way your laughter sends warmth flooding through my veins, how your touch lights me on fire. I love you and I will spend the rest of my life making sure you know that you are my number one. You will always be my number one.



A guy who also sings to you in the morning is a major plus too. Sawyer has pretty much everything you're looking for in a guy. He's adorable when he sang the Crazy Girl to Lana when she woke up in the morning after the condo incident. I can't help but feel giddy.


I don't really like Ashton that much especially when she came running to Sawyer when she read a text sent Beau. I understood that she's just used to running to one of the Vincent Boys when she has a problem, but she didn't reassure Lana of Sawyer's feelings for her. In addition, I found Beau so over protective of Ashton. Yeah, it's kind of sweet but his reaction when Lana left that letter is kind of shit.

I may not have given justice to this book through this review but I assure you that you'll also love this book. You'll devour this book with all the steamy scenes between Lena and Sawyer. I love you Abbi Glines!


You had the right Vincent boy all along. Don't take him for granted this time. He loves you in a way that I hope to one day inspire in someone. He would give up the world for you. When you have someone that special, that incredible that loves you, don't let it go. This is your second chance to treasure what you've had all your life. Sawyer was always the Vincent boy worth fighting for. He's the special one.
 I love you, Lana. I love you so much. Every thing about you. The way your lips curl up slowly when you smile, the freckle right under your perfect little bot tom, the way your laughter sends warmth flooding through my veins, how your touch lights me on fire. I love you and I will spend the rest of my life making sure you know that you are my number one. You will always be my number one.
Love holds the power to break you. It holds the power to complete you.
Lana. I think about you every minute of every day. When I'm with you, my world is complete. When I touch you, I understand the meaning of life. When I lost you, I completely shattered. You. Own. Me.

Labels: ,