Book Review: It Had To Be You


Title: It Had To Be You (A book in the Chicago Stars)
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Synopsis:

Awards
Rita Awards
"Outrageous, heartwarming, wonderfully sensual... I loved it!"
Jayne Ann Krentz

     The windy city isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville-the trendy, outrageous and curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Calebow - an Alabama-born former gridiron legend and blond barbarian.
     Calebow is everything Phoebe abhors - a sexist, jock tacskmaster with a one-track mind. The beautiful new boss is everything Dan despises - a meddling bimbo who doesn't know pigskin from a pitcher's mound, So why is he drawn to the shameless sexpot like a heat-seeking missile? And why does Dan's good ol'boy charm leave cosmopolitan Pheobe feeling awkward, tongue-tied and frightened to death?

Genre: Romance

Thoughts on the Book:
     This is the first Susan Elizabeth Phillips book I've read. I have finished reading this book a couple of days ago but it still brings a smile on my face every time I remember Dan and Phoebe's love story. If you're a hopeless romantic then you'll know what I'm talking about the moment you finish this book.
     I absolutely had fun reading this book. There were no dull moments. It was full of wit, humor, action, and drama. It was a very sensual read too. No wonder it earned Phillips the RITA Award.
     There are many fun moments in the book and sometime I don't realize that I'm actually laughing out loud. What I love about Phillips is the way she makes a situation lighter even though it should be serious.
     And oh by the way, am I the only one who thinks Dan Calebow looks like Bradley Cooper except for the bump in his nose? His image just pops in my mind every time I think about what his face would look like.


     This book is definitely worth your time. I think I'll include the other books in the series in my to-read list as well.

Quotes from the Book
"Being smarter than everyone else can be as much as a curse as a blessing."
"There's no such thing as mistakes - only a lack of foresight." 
"You don't seem to have the same self-doubts as everybody else in the world. Even successful women like the security of knowing they have a man like that standing behind them." 
Rating: 5/5

Labels: ,